What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Passports!


I applied for my first passport. I am thrilled to be going to Mexico this year and Italy and France next year. This is my sister and me at the post office. She wanted to be in my picture too. As you can see I was a little shocked. So, I did what any sensible person would do and I smiled. Now I just have to wait for my passport to come. I am praying that they don't lose my birth certificate!

Did you know, a book is like a passport? It can take you almost anywhere you want. The only place it can't take you is Heaven, because Heaven is so much better than you or any author can imagine or think. Books not only take you to different places, but they can take you into a different time, a different life, a different view or thoughts, and it can even help you get to know different people. Books are almost exactly like passports, but you don't have to send your birth certificate in and you don't have to worry about the paperwork or swearing that you have told the truth. Books are wonderful and easy.

This week I read the last book in the series, "Ten Girls Who...". It was called "Ten Girls Who Don't Give In". There were some sad parts because all of these women were killed but still trusted in the Lord to the very end. It is very hard to imagine how scared these women were. If I was one of them, I would have to keep praying that I would not deny Christ. But, it makes me worried that I might. So, I am praying that God would give me the courage to do what is right.

Happy reading to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. hi Gracie!
    I saw that you were reading the Phantom Tollbooth I just got done reading it!!!!!It is one of my favorite books!

    keep reading!!!
    hannah

    ReplyDelete