What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tea with Teah


Today for my 50 books celebration I got to go have High Tea with my best friend Teah. We met in Long Beach, CA and I had peach tea. We had five courses which were delicious and we were there for three hours. It was a delightful date with my friend. Teah is a loving and charming friend and I have missed her.

I've noticed something about Roald Dahl that I want to share with you. The main characters in his books, are ususaly children who have something sad about them. For example in "The BFG", Sophie was an orphan. Charlie from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was very poor. James from "James and the Giant Peach" was an orphan who had to also work for his evil aunts. My mom and I wonder if Roald Dalh may have had some sad things in his childhood. Let's hope he didn't have a fat and skinny evil aunt problem! Roald Dahl has become my new favorite author. I like that he uses made up words like "whizpopper" which is the word he uses for tooting (gas) and "snozcumber" which is a little like our cucumber but it's bigger and tastes like rotten fish. I think that this is hilarious.

California has been fantastic. I have enjoyed everything. We still have another week here and I have so many great plans. Did you know that vacations are a great time to read? My favorite place to read so far has been on the porch at the grandma's house with the sound of the hummingbirds and the wind chimes. It's beautiful and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Are you bummed that you don't have wallpaper in which the snozberries taste like snozberries?

    ReplyDelete