What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A few busy weeks.


What a busy few weeks it has been. I am sorry that I haven't responded to all of the people who have been sending me comments. The comments have been very nice from everyone and I have enjoyed reading them. Thank you for taking the time to write to me. The last couple of weeks I celebrated my dad's birthday, went to school, went to fencing, and on the weekend, to tell you the truth, I have been lazy. Some of the time, I have been reading.
One of the books that I read, was "Alanna, The first Adventure". It is about a girl who wants to be a page and her brother wants to be a sorcerer. So Alanna cuts her hair, dresses up like a boy and heads to a different palace with her servant Corm. In the first couple chapters I was reading, she got into a couple fights with a squire. The book has a lot of action, is very gory in some parts and is set in the Middle Ages. I loved the book because I thought the things that she did were interesting and humorous. My dad asked me if Alanna was worth emulating. (A fancy word for modeling yourself after.) I think not. Alanna tells a lot of lies to get through things, but lies are always bad. She seems to get into fights for no reason because of her bad temper. I have, on a scale from 1 to 10, a temper that is a 4. I would like to change that down to a 0 so, I think I would not want to hang around Alanna. She might get me into trouble.
I started Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator today. I know that Mr. Willey Wonka is going to be crazy, the story will funny like all of Roald Dahl's books, and I am going to like every millisecond. I am going to go and get started on reading it, right after I make a few Valentines.

3 comments:

  1. Hi gracie happy Valentines Day!I love reading Roald Dahl's books. Right now i am reading the thind book of the Mysterious Benidict society i really recommend reading the first book.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie, Hope you have a great week-end reading. Alanna sure doesn't sound like someone you should follow. Just be your sweet self. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi gracie ,

    Today I saw the Lightning Thief!

    come see what my blog had to say about it!

    ReplyDelete