What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring




We are just 3 days away from spring and I am very excited. I just finished a book about a girl who loves flowers and the great outdoors and now I am reading an American Girl Story "Lanie" and guess what, she loves nature too.




My sister and I have been enjoying nature too. Last weekend, we played baseball in our yard with my neighbors. It was a lot of fun hitting the ball, running to the bases, and tagging people. I am just learning to hit, catch, and not to go out of the batting order. I learned that after people kept yelling at me! The weather was fantastic and we had a blast.




My family and I went out to breakfast last week and I ordered fresh squeezed orange juice. It was glorious. Have you had it? It is not like the kind you get at the grocery store. I wanted two more glasses of it! On Friday, since it was spring break, we decided to make out own fresh squeezed orange juice. First I washed the oranges, then I cut them into halves, and then we got out our juice maker/squeezer majigger. I squeezed 10 oranges and so did my sister. The orange juice was not cold so we put a bag of ice into the pitcher. We didn't put the ice straight into it because we didn't want the orange juice to become watery. It was delicious. Mmmmmmm! I then knew the value of orange juice and how much work it is to make it. We drank small amounts each time we had some so that we could have some the next day. As a surprise, on Sunday, we squeezed more oranges and made some juice for our teachers. They loved it




So now I am back to reading. You should be too. Read like you are on a race to save the world!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Gracie ,
    I am reading about spring and nature too. I am reading the Secret Garden at school it is a good book with lots of detail.I love fresh squeezed o j too, at Trader Joes you can get it fresh squeezed in a carton (that is the only kind they sell). But at home I am reading the Last Olympian ,the last book of the Lightning Thief series,I love it!
    Happy reading and yummy oj!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete