What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Boy Who Likes Me


He is driving me crazy, that boy who likes me. Crazy I tell you. I am not iAdd Imagenterested in him. Last week he was staring at me longingly. Yes, upsetting is it not? It makes me feel like I want to run up the wall. So mad, that I feel mad as a bull. He is a bull fighter and I am the bull. Help me!!! Please, I am begging you. This boy is not even in my class but whenever I see him, he is trying to get my attention. Do you know what he does? He gets all dramatic (there is no other word for it!), talks loudly, and acts weird.

Today, while I was playing PIG (a game) on the playground, he was bugging me and getting on my nerves. This is what he did. When it was my turn to be it, I was supposed to spin around with my eyes closed, count to 15 and then tag people on the play equipment. My eyes are supposed to be closed the whole time. So, I was it. I closed my eyes, spun around, counted, and then prepared to tag people. What happened? This boy, who was playing the game too, would not get out of my way. He wanted me to tag him every single time. When other people were it, he teased them, but he got out of their way. For my turn, he just wouldn't let me by. He followed me everywhere I went, like Mary's annoying little lamb. So I was forced to say "Get away from me XXXXXXX"! I don't want to tell you his name because people will read it that know him and I would be embarrassed. If he was embarrassed, that really wouldn't be my problem. He was the one who wouldn't leave me alone in the first place, so it's him and not me! Come on ! Look Peeps, I was forced to say this to him many times. But did he leave? Did he run away? Did he take heed to my viscous warning? NO!!! I was so mad that my head wanted to blow off, but I kept my mouth closed.

Peeps, he is going to pay. Here is my plan. Tomorrow, if he bothers me or looks longingly at me, I am going to tell him about my families rule. Here is the rule. If a boy wants me as a girlfriend, then he has to go and talk to my dad. Did I tell you that my dad is the headmaster? He is very strict and he is planning on keeping boys away like a guard dog at night! This boy doesn't have a chance and I am all smiley about that!

So here is the warning to all of the silly boys who like me or might like me in the future. Get lost buster! My dad isn't going to let me be pestered by any boys. Also you should be prepared to get a bloody nose from my big sister who is pretty fierce about protecting me.

But wait, if you are a nice boy, I would like to be your friend- just a friend, and I might even give you my candy from my Latin quizzes. Nice boys should also know that maybe in the future when I am much older, I would consider having you be more than a friend, but only after you talk to my dad.

Naughty boys, who want to be my boyfriend, let me just say to you, nothing is coming your way but trouble!

7 comments:

  1. You are very funny Gracie! 3 or 4 year old boys usually follow me around . When your my age the boys who like you either ,are mean to you or stay as far away as they possibly can,or are like a really good friend. But still, we are too young for that kind of stuff.Same with my daddy whoever wants to be my boyfriend has to talk to him.And I remember that PIG game!

    Love,Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace, Papa and I laughed til we cried at this story. You have a long way to go before you get a boyfriend. Maybe you can point him out to me when I'm there.I'll let him know right off he doesn't have a chance. A secret; boys fall much harder than girls in the love department. Thanks for the laugh and stay strong. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie,

    I hope you are as glad to have me as your watchdog when you are 14-18. I am more than happy to serve in that capacity. I will have to save this blog as a reminder to you of the importance of your father as gatekeeper to your heart. I love you, but I am the only boy who can right now. Let's keep it that way for many years to come.

    I also see that we may need to watch how much you share to the public. Remember that everyone can read your blog. Even boys.

    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just so great.... i was cracking up the whole time. I hope you stay like this forever, Gracie. Stand your ground :) you're awesome.
    Love your cousin,
    Lorin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, Gracie! You are a strong one! We miss you... Make sure you are always kind... boys just don't get it sometimes!

    Love,
    Aunt Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie-lou, my mom pointed me to your blog, and I've been enjoying it! I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the usage of "viscous" in this post. That is all. :)

    -hannah smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi hannah smith it is hannah looney come and see my blog at hannahsbigidea.bolgspot.com

    thanx!
    hannah looney

    ReplyDelete