What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pandy Gets Vain

My best friend, Teah, suggested a book called "Pandora Gets Vain". I found it at the book store but didn't buy it because the back of the book said, "a totally adorable boy/bodyguard..." I told my mom that I didn't want it because I thought it was going to be about boyfriends and girlfriends. That kind of book really isn't the best book for me.

So my mom bought the book as a surprise for me a few months later. I had a choice between reading "Peter Pan" and "Pandora Gets Vain" and I just didn't feel like "Peter Pan" at the time, so I started the other book. From the first page, I loved it.

This book is funny, scary, strange, and cool. It's about 3 girls and a boy named Homer (you know he's the one who wrote books). These 3 girls are trying to capture Vanity, which is a mirror. Vanity has escaped from Pandora's box. Ooops. I think you already know the story of Pandora and her box so I won't tell you all about that. If you don't, you can find out about it on the internet or find a book at your library, which is full of books.

One of my favorite parts is when Pandora is almost skewered by a long pole, so that an Egyptian god may eat her. Pandora, however, has one "power". She is able to throw burning coals out of her hands. Instead of being skewered, she burns all of the poles. I loved that part because she out smarted them. It's great when the little girl out smarts the evil old god!

The ending of the book is a really good one. I won't ruin it for you but it's also a little sad. There are 2 more books in this series. They are "Pandora Gets Jealous" and "Pandora Gets Lazy" I want to get the lazy book next. Thank you Teah for the suggestion, I really loved the book. You are a loyal friend,. Teah Marie and I will trust you next time with your book choices.

2 comments:

  1. Hi gracie,
    Teah was very happy when she saw her name on your blog.Right now Teah is reading Percy Jackson:The Lightning Thief and loving it.And I am reading the last book in that series it is great .You should read it too!

    Love,The Looney family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie, Vanity, huh not usually a good thing but we all have some of it. Glad to see you are back to reading. I missed hearing from you.What number is this one? Which Pandora book is next? See you soon! Love' Grandma

    ReplyDelete