What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm so excited!










We have been having some trouble with my blog. I know, I shouldn't make excuses for not writing in my blog, but when we finally got around to writing, my mom forgot the email address that was needed to sign on. Today however, we finally figured it out.

Today, after adding all of the books that I've read, I now only have 9 more books in 54 days. Earlier this week I told my mom that I wasn't going to reach my goal. I was feeling grumpy about it because I had been at my grandma's houses and hadn't been reading a lot. The tv was a big temptation! I changed my mind though, and I started reading. I've finished 3 books this week! Can you believe it? Well, I can't, so moving on!

At the beginning of the year, I felt pretty confident. Then, there were times when I didn't really think that I could make it. You know, even if I didn't reach my goal, I have filled up with a lot of knowledge and I have really enjoyed it. I am not just reading these books because I have to, you know?

My half-way goal was to go and have tea with one of my friends. We had a super-duper time. We were a little bit loud at the tea place. While everyone was sipping their tea quietly, Teah and I gave each other high fives and were laughing, talking loudly and slurping out of our tea that we put too much sugar in. It was a blast. For my 100 book goal, I had planned on having a book party. I wanted to invite all my friends to dress up as a character from their favorite book. Now that we have moved, I don't have good enough friends to do that with yet. So, I have been thinking about ideas for celebrating. I was thinking about going to Disneyland with my cousins or going and learning to ski with my dad. I'm not sure if either of these ideas are really possible, so I need your help. Would you give my ideas for celebrating. Remember I am a 9 year old girl, I'm not allowed to get my ears pierced yet (so don't make that one of your ideas although I really would like that!), my parents aren't really rich, and please make it sensible and fun.

Another thing! I am reading for school Voyage of the Dawn Teader. The movie is coming out December 10! I can't wait! People, you should read the book quick before the movie comes out. If you want to go with me to see the movie, you'll have to come to Denver. Remember to bring a coat because it's getting a little nippy! If you already live here, I would love to have you join me. Remember it's December 10th. I don't want to see it in 3d because it ruins it, so I hope that's ok with you too.

We have people coming to our house soon, so I better tell my mom to get off the computer because I am just the dictator you know! (**I think she was aiming for "I'm only dictating for this blog") I'll try to write more as I finish my last 9 books. It's getting close to the blog titled, "I did it!" You will know what I mean when you see it, right? 100! I can't wait to see the list of all my books!

Wa ha ha!
Gracie

2 comments:

  1. Gracie, how exciting that you've almost reached your goal! Sadie and I would love to come see "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" with you if we're not too old. I agree, always read the book before seeing the movie--in fact, that's a rule at our house!

    Here are some ideas for your celebration:

    1. Swimming party (the Montclair Recreation Center near us has a fun big slide--I don't know about any of the rec centers near you)

    2. Sledding party (if there's snow. We have two sleds, a toboggan, and a snow tube you could borrow)

    3. A trip to Monkey Bizness (if you haven't heard of it, it's a fun indoor playground) http://www.monkeybizness.com/index_mb.html

    Love,
    Mrs. Van Vranken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can come to mammoth mountain with us and stay in our cabin! It is sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete