What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

zero, my hero




I would just like to say that I am sad, but excited that I am finished. I can't believe that I have actually done it. In the middle of the challenge, I had moments when I thought "I am not going to finish, I might as well not read any more. " I shouldn't have doubted myself. I love to read! I was having a lot of fun doing the challenge. So why did I doubt? I doubted because I was anxious and sometimes in a bad mood too. Did you see the title of my post today? I titled it "zero, my hero" because I have zero more books to read to complete my challenge. (This is also the title of a funny little song that my parents grew up with.) It feels like today is like an ice cream day that has turned into a sundae. It's just a better day than every other regular day.

The pictures that I am posting today were a lot of fun to take. My favorite one is me laying with all of the books on top of me. Those books made me itch. They poked me and I had to stay still. It was still fun and I like the way that the picture came out. The picture with the stack of books? It only contains 50 of the books that I read. The other 50 were from the library, friends, school, or some of them I have loaned out. Can you believe how big the stack would be if all of the books were there? I think it would probably be taller than I am. This morning, to celebrate, I convinced my dad to make his special cinnamon rolls. They were "Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got love in my tummy". (That is a song reference for those of you who love 60's music!) Thanks dad for making them. We are also headed to the library again, because I am out of books. Then off for ice cream to end today's celebration. What a great day, don't you think?

So I have some surprises for you. The first one, was of course, that I finished 100 books in November. November! I was worried about finishing by New Years. I decided to go skiing, which I already told you about. I can't wait! The second surprise for all of you Texans, is that we are moving to Austin next month. My dad will no longer be working in Denver (it was not the right school for any of us!), so we are going to be spending some time in Austin while he looks for a new job. I'm excited that we will be closer to our Houston friends. Austin is a wonderful place. We have been there to visit before, and I like that they have these cute little vans that sell food in them. The cupcakes I had there were huge and delicious. So, since we will be so close, please come and visit us often!

Now, I do have a question for you. Should I continue my blog? I was actually going to continue until the year was over, but what about next year? I might need some new ideas. Should I change what kind of blog I am doing? I just don't know. Will you give me your ideas?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Thank you for reading my blog and for supporting me. It made me proud to have people actually reading about my challenge and caring about me. Thank you again!

Love,
Gracie

6 comments:

  1. Gracie, three cheers for you! What an accomplishment, finishing all those books--and ahead of schedule even! I love the pictures, especially the one of you with all the books on you.

    Our family is very sad that you're leaving us already (I'm especially sad that you won't get to be friends with Elise), but I'm sure that God has good things in store for your family. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, your dad will find another job in Denver and you can come back!

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Love, Mrs. Van Vranken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie. Greetings from Houston. I am so happy that you finished reading 100 books. I bet it was so fun.

    Love, Matthew and Lauren Ware

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am sooooo glad you did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace! I read your blog often and am so very proud of you. I can't wait to see you and your family again! Love, Mrs. Gaertner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment! and as to whether or not you should continue - if it makes you happy and you enjoy doing it, definitely do and no matter what, keep reading like you did this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie- i love your blog! its so awesome!

    ReplyDelete