What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Beginnings


I'm back! I know there is no excuse, but a lot has happened since last December. Shall I fill you in on a few of the details? First you should know that we have done a bit of moving. The details are kinda boring but here is the exciting stuff. We moved from Denver to Austin in January and then in July we moved to the Golden State (California baby!). Morro Bay is my hometown now.

Morro Bay is a very interesting place to live. My town has its own pet rock, great cafe's (Top Dog), a good library, and great neighborhoods. Our new house is a perfect house for my family and it is so close to the ocean that I can walk there. I have my own room! From my balcony, I can see a little window of the ocean and it is breathtaking when the sun is going down. We even have fun neighbors. Morro Bay seems to be a pretty safe place to live.

Last week was my first day of school. I say first day, because I will only be going there two days a week and I homeschool the rest of the week...yipeee! On Friday, I had a fabulous bonfire at the beach with all my new school/church friends. I enjoyed the night thoroughly except when I got hit in the head with a sand ball!! The nerve of those boys! I am excited about school and the kind of year it is going to be.

Another good part about my new life is that I am back into fencing. I have a fabulous fencing club that I joined. They have good equipment and the people are as nice as fencers could be. You see, fencers can't be too soft or else they will end up being loosers.

So here is the deal with my new blog. I'm still reading, so you are still going to see new books listed at the top but you might not see as many because I am now reading harder books because 5th grade is in middle school and there won't be any real quickies (for the chickies). So instead, you may hear about my cooking. As part of my homeschooling, I will be cooking with my mom 2 days a week. Forget the old brownie mix, I will be making things from scratch. One of my favorite things to do is ride my bike to the farmers market, so I will be sharing glorious foods for your eyes to feast on. Sorry I can't give your stomach any, I'm planning on eating it myself. I also will be writing about fencing which I am sure you will enjoy. Lastly, you will be hearing a lot about my dream to go to France which I am hoping to do next year as an exchange student.

Again, I'm sorry for not writing for the last few months. I hope my new and improved blog will make up for it. Don't forget to leave a comment, pretty please with sugar and lavender on top.

Gigi

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Gracie! I love that you have a blog and loved your post! I will try and keep up with you. Take care, Mrs. newman (remember our house with the chickens?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally you are settled and blogging again! Whoo-hoo! I will miss reading your posts to Jimbo. And maybe I can come eat at one of those cafes with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gracie,

    I love your new ideas for your blog! I just wanted to let you know I'll be reading it! I hope you have a great year. I also have a question for you. What were some of your very favorite books you read last year? I need more ideas for Elise.

    Love,
    Mrs. Van Vranken in Denver (we still miss you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie,
    I am so glad you are at it again!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete