What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Austere Academy


Last night, my Grandma Gogo came and she brought me 6 books from a Series of Unfortunate Events. I decided that this series was better than the Betsy-Tacy book that I had already started. So today, I am reading "The Austere Academy". Some people think that it is not good to stop a book before it's finished. But, if it's not a great book then, in my mind, you shouldn't have to finish it. There is so many good books and I can't spend time on one that is not the best book in the whole entire world. So, I am now reading "The Austere Academy" which I already have listened to on my mom's ipod. Of all of the stories we have on that ipod, this one is my favorite. "Cakesniffing orphins in the orphan shack" Now that is very funny. My mama, my sister, and I love to chant this to annoy my father. It's just fun and funny.
One part I have to share with all of you is about the principal. He says he is a genius at the violin even though he is the WORST player in the world. He makes all of the kids listen to him for 6 hours and then if they don't, he makes them buy him a bag of candy. Then he makes them watch HIM eat it. He is a bad principal. I am glad that my daddy is not like that. Did I mention that my daddy is the principal of my school? I looked up the word "austere" in the dictionary and it means harsh. This school was definitely harsh. I learned a new word today! Back to reading for me and later I'm going to a musical called "Seussical". What a busy day I am having.

9 comments:

  1. I am happy to be here and be mentioned on your blog. I hope you enjoy the new book. It is good to have new words to learn the meaning of. Keep reading. Good job! Papa and I are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warning! Lemony Snicket warns you to stop reading and I would tell you that when you get to the 13th book - Don't read it! Stop and read something else - even Betsy Tacy! The last book was very disappointing for all of us. we loved the series until that book...it was a bummer. Consider yourself warned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the warning Mirm! What exactly was wrong with it? I was looking forward to a book where Count Olaf dies! If you dont want to tell me it's okay. I will ask my cousin Lorin. I can get it out of her!
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie,
    I agree with you, life is too short to go on reading a book if it isn't great..just as long as you put down one book to pick up another...
    I can't wait to hear what you think of The Phantom Tollbooth ..you are going to pick up all kinds of great vocabulary from that one!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracie,

    I may be forced to become very austere if you continue singing that "cake sniffing orphans" song. I will have to start sending you out to the orphan shack if it continues.

    Daddy (the austere headmaster)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie,

    I would like to recommend a book to you but I am not sure where to put my suggestion. I am not a very experienced blogger! Can you help me?

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Johnson from PCS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs.Johnson it's Hannah Looney how is your new 4th grade class???Come visit my blog at hannahsbigidea.blogspot.com!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gracie,
    I am so glad to see you enjoying the "series of unfortunate events" I will look for more of that series. Keep READING.
    LOVE YOU, Grandma

    ReplyDelete