What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Lightning Thief


I am now on page 94 of the Lightning Thief. Thank you Mr. Michael for suggesting the book. The book is about a boy named Percy. The funniest part so far has been when Percy was about to get his head dunked in the toilet. Mysteriously, he made the water shoot out and spray the girl, who was his enemy, in the face with toilet water. I can't tell you anymore because I want you to read it too. It's an adventurous story that is making me want to read every hour of the day.

Thank you to all who have suggested a book. Yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble and I looked up some of the books that were suggested. They looked interesting. I am going to have to buy them moderately, go to the used book store, borrow, or go to the library to be able to afford 100 books this year. If you have an extra copy of a great book, please let me know, I would be happy to have it!

Keep the suggestions coming!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. As soon as I started reading the Lightning Thief, I couldn't stop until I'd read all 5 books! I really like Annabeth alot! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few suggestions for you... The Encyclopedia Brown series by Donald J. Sobol is about a boy detective. You read about the case and then see if you can figure out the mystery. You have to turn to the back for Encyclopedia Brown's solution.

    I also really liked Sideways Stories From Wayside School by Louis Sachar. It's a bunch of crazy stories about wacky kids and teachers at Wayside School.

    I'll let you know some more when I think of them Keep reading, I know you'll make your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gracie it it us Hannah.I finished The Lightning Thief too! I am going to start the next book The Sea of Monsters!

    Love,Hannah

    ReplyDelete