What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winnie-the-Pooh

This morning I finished Winnie-the Pooh by A.A. Milne. It was an awkard book for me to read but I continued on and found that it was quite interesting. These were short stories about Pooh and his friends. Some of them I had seen as movies. As I was reading I noticed that Tigger was missing. He was not included in these stories and it bummed me out. I like Tigger, he is a funny character.

It feels nice to have finished two books in one week. My daddy said that there are 52 weeks in a year. If I read 2 each week, I will have read 104 books this year. I am off to a good start don't you think?

Did you see that on the bottom of my blog my mom added some links. These are for friends of mine who have also started there own reading blogs after they saw mine. It's exciting that I have so many friends who are bookworms like me!

Since it is so cold, I am back in my mom's bed all snuggled with my sister Faith-Marie, reading my new book. It is "Betsy-Tacy" by Maud Hart Lovelace. It was written in 1940. Last summer Ms. Beverly had a garage sale that we went to. She had many books for sale. My mom will always buy books so we picked out a few. Ms. Beverly said that she loved this book when she was a kid and loved reading it to her kids. I am already on chapter 5 and I agree it's a very good book so far. Thanks Ms. Beverly for a great suggestion.

I am also excited to be reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". This week I think he is going to get the Golden Ticket! I can't wait.

Hope you have a good week reading at your house. If the weather at your house is cold, I hope you have a good book to enjoy too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Gracie. I agree the lack of Tigger is disappointing....Tiggers are wonderful things.
    You are really off to a great start.
    I am glad you are reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    I have 2 things to tell you: First, pretty much anything by Roald Dahl is awesome...
    but the second, more important thing: The Book Is Always Better! anytime you see a movie and you like it and then you find out it was a book first? GO read the book!
    Also, if they make a movie out of a book you like? Don't expect too much. You'll see the movie and think, "enh, the book was better"
    There you go, words of wisdom, from a lifelong bookworm.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite books (besides Narnia) are the Little House books.

    The 3 books by Blue Balliet (The Calder Game, the Wright 3, and Chasing Vermeer) are really good mysteries that take place in Chicago. They combine art with the mystery.

    Do you like sports books? 2 Hot Dogs with Everything is a funny one about baseball.

    Any book by Andrew Clements is good - especially Frindle.
    Qwerty Stevens Adventures by Dan Gutman are good too! There are 2- one about Ben Franklin and one about Thomas Edison.

    The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff: You Wish by Lethcoe is really good! It is a series but I have only read the first 3.

    If you like Lemony Snicket you will like The Eddie Dickens trilogy by Philip Ardagh. the first one is The House at Awful End.

    That's all for today. I usually go overboard because I love books!
    Your friend,
    Mirm Mohler

    ReplyDelete