What I am reading today!

  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I finished "The Lightning Thief" last night! It was 375 pages of adventure, death, and triumphant glory! I would like to recommended this book to my friend Teah and any other person who likes mythology and can stand stories where some of the characters die.

It is exciting to finish my first book of the challenge. You may think this next book is a baby book but I am oing to read "Winnie-the-Pooh" by A.A. Milne. (Well, I already started!) This is not a baby book because lots of the sentences are akward because the writer is from Britain. Did you know that A.A. Milne wrote speeches for Winston Churchill? He is a very good writer and I am excited to get started. "Winnie-the-Pooh" won't be as bloody as the "The Lightning Thief" and will be a nice change.

Yesterday was the first day of school for 2010. My class began reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". So far, I am loving it. At the end we are going to have a party and I am wanting to dress up as Violet, the girl who chews gum all day. P.S. we normally aren't allowed to chew gum all day at school but this will be a special day!

Go get reading!
Gracie

Oh, no! I almost forgot to tell you that Rick Riordan, the author of the Lightning Thief wrote me back! Here is his note:

Hi Gracie,
Thank you for writing. I'm glad you are enjoying the Lightning Thief. Good luck with your blog and your challenge! Best wishes, Rick Riordan

Can you believe he wrote me back? I was shocked!

6 comments:

  1. Gracie I am so proud of you! You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie it is hannah looney! I am reading the Lightning Thief too i love it ! are you going to read the next ones?

    Happy reading !
    Love,Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gracie i almost forgot com and check out my blog at hannahsbigidea.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracie,
    I am really glad you liked the book!
    I have another to recommend for you...it's one I loved when I was about your age. It's called The Phantom Tollbooth...It has stuck with me my whole life. For anyone who loves words (that goes for any adults reading this as well) you will love this book...I can't tell you how clever it is.
    I'm really excited about how your challenge is going so far, don't slow down, don't give up.
    Or to paraphrase Winston Churchill never give in, never surrender!
    Michael
    (one little typo and I have to erase the whole thing and repost...OCD anyone??)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honor that he wrote you back! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete